I know what a lot of you moms are thinking…it’s a good day if you remember to brush your teeth, put on yoga pants and throw your hair up in a bun. I’ve been there and I completely get it. When you have little ones at home the last thing on your mind is your beauty routine.
However, I always feel best and get the most accomplished when I’m up early, dressed and look presentable. I work from home but I’m on video calls often with my online personal training clients and Team Fit Dynasty ladies, and we are always running around doing errands.
Have I gone out looking like a mess and praying that I don’t run into someone I know? Yes, definitely more times than I’d like to admit, but investing a couple of minutes in the morning is worth me having to hide in the grocery store.
I have a list of my great go-to mommy approved beauty products that I absolutely love and I want to share my daily routine with you.
I’m going to start with my favorite facial cleanser and moisturizer and go from there to my simple daily make-up for moms.
I read a magazine article a while back and it has always stuck with me. The article listed the things women should have under control in their life before their 30th birthday…and now that I’m officially the big 3-0 I will share this bit of knowledge with all of you :)…make sure you have a good quality face cleanser and moisturizer to be pro-active in the fight against wrinkles.
Yes, I’m not quite ready to get botox yet…but I do want to make sure I’m staying on top of this! I have experimented with many cleansers and have finally found one that I love. I use Origins Checks and Balances. My girlfriend recommended this to me a year ago and I absolutely love it. Its a frothy face wash and you only need a pea sized amount so it lasts you a long time. The best part about it is the price at only $20 which is a steal for a department store cleanser.
I also use the Origins A Perfect World with SPF 25 for my daytime mousturizer. It has an age-defense formula that helps to prevent those wrinkles. They also have a more aggressive anti-aging formula that I can graduate to in ten years :). A little also goes a long way with the moisturizer and the SPF is a MUST in whatever moisturizer you choose.
Ok, so you’ve washed your face, so now what?
My go to brand for my simple daily make-up routine is Benefit Cosmetics. I absolutely LOVE this fun line that is solely made for day to day wear, and is NOT a brand used by make-up artists who are doing make-up for photo shoots and fashion shows. This is the real deal and is perfect for moms…and its all super fun too!
So here is my step by step routine…
1. Benefit Puff Off Instant Eye Gel. As a mom my days sleeping in are over. I need to wake up at 5:30 a.m. to get my workout in and have a cup of coffee in peace and quiet, so sleeping is no longer a luxury for me…ever :(. This eye gel has been a life saver on those days (ok every day) when I look tired. This brightens up my under eye circles and helps smooth the look of puffiness and fine lines.
2. Benefit “That Gal” Brightening Face Primer: I don’t wear a foundation during the day…its simply not needed and unnecessary to clog my pours with a heavy based makeup for daily use. This primer is perfect because it has a pretty light pink tint for brightening my skin and gives my skin a smooth look. It smells divine as well.
3. Benefit Hoola Soft Bronze Box: I need a little bronzer especially in the winter months to give me a little glow. I don’t use a lot but I use it to lightly contour my face using the framing “three technique” with my makeup brush. I love the natural glow this bronzer gives me without looking like a an orange Jersey Shore cast member and without any shimmer that a lot of bronzers have.
4. Benefit Fake-Up. This hydrating crease control concealer is perfect for covering dark under eye circles and finishes the job of the Puff Off eye gel…no one will believe your a mom that hardly sleeps!
5. Benefit Majorette Blush. This cream to powder booster blush give me the best natural pink cheeks. I apply it with my fingers and it finishes off my skin nicely.
6. Benefit Gimme Brow Brow Volumizing Fiber Gel. This takes literally 5 seconds to apply and really gives you a natural finished and put together look. It fills in my brows and doesn’t look like I’m really made up.
7. Benefit They’re Real Mascara. A quick application really widens my eyes and wakes up my whole face.
8. Benefit Lolli Balm. This is actually one of my favorite products. This gives my lips a look more than chapstick but no where near lipstick. This hydating tinted lip balm in Candy Orchid gives me the perfect finish to my day time look.
So there you have it! Yes, there are 8 steps but all of this took me only 6 minutes and 34 seconds. I timed myself and made sure to go at a normal mom pace so I promise you I didn’t rush! Add brushing your teeth, washing your face and throwing up your hair and your simple daily make-up routine for moms is done in less than 10 minutes!
What is your go-to beauty product that you can’t live without?