A few months back I was super excited to be accepted into the Fitfluential Ambassador Program. Fitfluential is a network of fitness professionals who advocate a healthy and fit lifestyle through blogging and social media. There are several campaign opportunities to review products, services, etc. through the ambassador program.
I was recently chosen to partner with Nth Degree, a brand new, low-glycemic sports performance drink made with all-natural ingredients! I received a case of Nth Degree and my family and I have been enjoying it for the past few week, and I want to share everything about it with you guys.
First of all, Nth Degree is based in New Jersey, so that’s awesome that they are repping the Northeast, and because Jersey has a special place in my heart because of my Rutgers days.
Here are the facts…
- Nth Degree Performance Drink uses only natural flavors, colors and sweeteners. It contains no preservatives and is also gluten free.
- Nth Degree is made with Palatinose®, which provides carbohydrate energy in a more steady way than traditional sports drinks containing mostly high glycemic carbohydrates. The more steady glucose supply from Palatinose® is associated with a lower blood glucose response and a lower insulin release, and subsequently leads to a higher contribution of fat utilization in energy metabolism. A higher level of fat utilization during physical activity is said to have a glycogen sparing effect with the potential to enhance endurance and performance.
- Nth Degree contains electrolytes and B vitamins. An electrolyte is basically a medical/scientific term for salts. Electrolytes are important because they are responsible for maintaining many functions in the human body, including normal muscle contraction, blood pressure, nerve conduction, heart rate and gastrointestinal motility. They also play a role in energy metabolism. The cells of your body rely on electrolytes to carry the electrical impulses responsible for muscle contractions and nerve impulses to other cells. Without electrolytes, your body cells couldn’t communicate efficiently.
- When compared to Gatorade and Powerade, Nth Degree does not have any artificial colors like Gatorade Perform and Powerade Ion 4. Nth Degree has greater amounts of magnesium and potassium than both Gatorade Perfom and Powerade Ion 4. It has 40% RDA of vitamins B3, B5, B6 and B12 per 8 oz serving. Gatorade Perform does not contain B vitamins, while Powerade Ion 4 only contains 10% RDA of B3, B6 and B12. Powerade Ion 4 does not contain any B5 vitamins.
Here’s what I think…
Overall, I would give Nth Degree 4.5 stars out of 5, and here’s why.
- I love love love that Nth Degree is made with natural flavors, colors, and sweeteners. I’m so sick of reading labels chock-full of chemicals and preservatives. Nth Degree has found a way to deliver a competitive product and is doing it with natural ingredients…AWESOME.
- I drank Nth Degree after several workouts and paid attention to how I felt and I did not get the same sugar crash feeling that I get when I drink Gatorade, Powerade or Vitamin Water. My thirst was quenched and I felt good and hydrated so I give my stamp of approval on the “performance drink” claim and see how it can help you recover after working out.
- As for the taste, for me personally I thought it was a little bit on the sweet side. However, this is coming from the girl who used to love her coffee light and sweet and now can only stand a little bit of sugar in her coffee. I found that its definitely best cold (duh), and my favorite flavor was the Blueberry Pomegranate Sports Water. Overall, most of the flavors were pretty good.
- I like the product variety that Nth Degree offers. They have their performance drink as well as zero calorie and zero carbs Sports Water if you don’t need it for a crazy workout but want something more than water to quench your thirst.
How do you get some…
Nth Degree is available in select locations in the NY metro area. You can also order online here.
The owners, Peter and Bob created Nth Degree Innovations, Inc. and said, “Our company name and vision stand for taking everything we do to the next level, to the ultimate … to the nth degree. It means never being satisfied with ‘me too’ products or the same old ideas.” “Our mission is to create better-for-you products that lead with cutting-edge science and deliver real benefits consumers will love and trust.”