It’s baby number two and you’re a seasoned veteran…you got this. You are also a lot more laid back and less likely to chase your visitors around with hand-sanitizer, and you’re not afraid to bring the baby out for the first couple of months.
Here’s a fun list I put together with a little help from my mommy friends when it comes to your subsequent children.
18 Reasons You Know It’s Your 2nd (3rd, 4th, etc.) Kid…
- You don’t pack your hospital bag until you’re in labor.
- You’re likely to get less than half as many visitors as you did when you had your first baby…and that’s ok :).
- Your Purell is no where in sight.
- The baby is crying and you don’t pick her up immediately and it’s ok.
- You don’t take a picture of every waking moment.
- You apply the two-second rule when the pacifier hits the floor.
- You will breastfeed anywhere in public and not care.
- Your baby is not on a strict schedule like your first was.
- You house is a land mine of toys.
- You don’t introduce one food at a time.
- When it comes to germs you think what won’t kill them will only make them stronger…after all you have other toddlers/kids at home.
- You have to count off your kids in the car to make sure you didn’t forget anyone.
- You are paranoid you forgot to put the baby in the car.
- You don’t call the pediatrician a million times anymore…Dr. Google usually does the trick.
- A fall that you would have wound you up in the ER you are now saying, “You’re ok, walk it off.”
- Your kids don’t get a bath every single night.
- Your body has adjusted to lack of sleep and you can function on very little.
- You realize how easy taking care of one baby truly is when you thought it was the hardest thing ever with your first.
What else would you add to my list? Comment below