Are we just really hormonal and extremely oversensitive while pregnant? Probably a little bit :). But there are some times when our husbands or significant others will put their foot in their mouth and say something without thinking that just crosses the line. With the help of friends I’ve compiled a quick list of real comments husbands or significant others have made to land them in the dog house. Hopefully it will make you giggle :).
My husband wants a disclaimer on this list that he’s never said any of these…well except for #10…that was all him.
- “Oh my gosh! Look at those stretchmarks…gross!”
- “You aren’t wearing that are you? It makes you look very pregnant.” As opposed to what since I am very pregnant? But thank you for making me feel huge.
- “Are you seriously going to eat ALL that?” Just never say this…
- “You don’t look that fat…” No comment needed here.
- “Call wildlife patrol, it’s a beached whale!” – This was said while out in public at the beach in a bathing suit.
- “I still think you’re beautiful. I just don’t think you’re sexy.” Ouch.
- After some people commenting that I look small for 7 months my significant other said, “Well you look big to me.”
- Did you twist your ankle? You’re walking a little funny.” I’m aware that I waddle now…thank you for pointing that out.
- “Stop complaining. It can’t be that bad…millions of women do it.” Probably the most annoying thing ever.
- When I walk by my husband he thinks its funny to sing, “My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard,” in reference to my large backside…lovely.
- Making Chewbacca noises at me in the shower because I’m no longer able to shave my legs.