I’ve been trying to stick to a schedule of having a fitness related post on Friday’s, but now that I’m in the home stretch of this pregnancy I don’t have much else on my mind. So this means that in the coming weeks I will be posting a lot of pregnancy related topics. As soon as this baby is born fitness will be a top priority as I get my body back into pre-pregnancy shape!
Some women love being pregnant, but in my experience I think they are the exception not the rule. Here is a list I put together with the help of my mommy friends about what first time moms usually find out the hard way during pregnancy. I hope it puts a smile on your face like it did mine
- You will feel hung over every morning…without the fun from the night before.
- It is not morning sickness…it is morning, noon and night sickness. I’m thinking a man coined this term.
- You will experience extreme fatigue like never before.
- You will become a raving lunatic at times thanks to fluctuating hormones. Your ability to be reasonable and rational becomes unavailable.
- You cry when your husband forgets your favorite doughnut, and the tears flow for a while.
- You might pee on yourself when you cough, sneeze, laugh, or maybe for no good reason at all.
- Your belly will become communal property.
- Constipation will be an issue. You’ll never celebrate a successful poop the way you will when pregnant.
- For most women, commercials and Hollywood are lying to you. You will not glow, you will not have beautiful hair, you will not have an abundance of energy, and you will not prance through fields with the sun shining down on you.
- One word…hemorrhoids. Nobody mentions this until its too late.
- Lack of sleep doesn’t start when the baby is born, it begins with conception.
- You will most likely wake up in the middle of the night with the WORST leg cramp in your calf that is so intense you will jump out of bed immediately and scream in agony.
- Heartburn will make you feel like a fire-breathing dragon.
- Spare underwear is now a necessity in your purse.
- You will develop “gas issues” like a man and it can strike at any moment.
- Pregnancy brain does exist. You will forget things and become a clumsy mess.
- You will need an obnoxious amount of pillows in an effort to get comfortable at night.
- Your body becomes an open ground to discuss and it’s annoying.
- Sometimes when the baby moves it looks like you have an alien growing in your stomach, and it’s weird.
- You will look 6-7 months pregnant when you leave the hospital…but now it will sag!
Now after ALL of these things (and after labor and delivery, which we didn’t even get into), I promise it all becomes so so worth it when you hold your baby in your arms for the first time and you will most likely do it all again…maybe even a few more times. It must also be true that the hormones cause you to forget :)!
Comment below on anything that I’ve missed!
I hope you all have a great weekend!