Now that I’m into my third trimester I’d thought it would be fun to compile a list along with the help of my pregnancy Facebook group mamas with all of the comments they’ve heard from family members, friends and plain old rude strangers. So thank you so much ladies for the input and for all the laughs :).
1. “Are you sure you’re pregnant with only one? You’re huge!”
Seriously? Geez, as if I already don’t feel like a blimp! Who seriously thinks this is ok to say to
a perfect stranger?
2. “Whoa, you look like you are ready to pop!”
This was said to me by a shoe salesman when I was only 7 months pregnant. I wanted to pop
him in the face. Needless to say he didn’t get the sale…
3. “Are you feeling ok because you look terrible?”
Maybe its because I’ve been nauseous for 6 weeks and I don’t sleep at night! Didn’t your
mom teach you if you don’t have anything nice to say don’t say it at all?!
4. “Do you have any names picked out? Ohhh…” (followed by a long silent pause, eye roll or
Why do people think their opinion on the name you’ve chosen for your child matters? So rude!
5. “You can tell you’re having a girl because they take the beauty away from their mother.”
Thank you for just calling me ugly.
6. “You can tell you’re having a boy because your nose looks so much bigger.”
Do I even need to comment?
7. “I can definitely tell you’re pregnant from looking at your from behind.”
Yes, I know my butt is huge…thanks so much for pointing that out.
8. “Now that you have a boy and a girl you are done, right?”
Since when did people just assume how big your family is going to be…so annoying.
9. “Were you trying to get pregnant this time? You already have so many.
Mind your own business people! Thank you for being so concerned with the size of my family…
10. “Mommy, why is your belly so big? Did you eat the baby?”
Kids just say the darnest things don’t they???